The Coronavirus outbreak has enabled us 2 weeks off from university, so we are staying at home to avoid increasing number of cases. So, here are some things you can do during your isolation at home:
1) Take online courses and don’t waste your time. Many platforms are now providing free courses for two weeks such as:
A) Egypt Career Summit Online Platform, which is providing 50 sessions for free in many different fields. You can register from this link https://career-180.com/ecs_online and not miss this opportunity.
B) Ivy League MOOCs, which are Free online courses from Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Penn, Princeton, and Yale. They offer free online courses across multiple platforms. You can apply here: https://www.classcentral.com/collection/ivy-league-moocs
2) Watch all episodes of “El Da7ee7” on YouTube; get informedandentertained.
3) Get Ready for Massar Egbari’s live online concert in March 2020 . This concert will be live on YouTube, so stay tuned! Also, if you’re a Coldplay fan, “Strawberry Swing (A Coldplay tribute band) will go live on Wednesday, 18th, on Instagram. as well as Aziz Maraka, on Friday, 20th.
4) The Metropolitan Opera announced that it will stream encore performances of some of its most famous shows to the public starting on Monday. So if you like this type of shows, you can watch from this link: https://www.metopera.org/
5) You can search for a new movie or series on “IMDb” or “Rotten tomatoes”.
6) IF you like cinema and want to start your career in the industry, you can learn more from “Al AFlamgeya,” an excellent workshop made by director Amr Salama. So watch his episodes on YouTube.
7)There will be virtual tours offered by 12 Famous museums such as the British Museum, London and the Guggenheim Museum, New York. Check them out here.
8) Text your old friends and remember your childhood memories.
9) Stay away from panic-inducing news on WhatsApp groups; get your information from a good source and don’t instantly believe anything you hear, this will help reduce your stress.
10) Read books: it’s about time you continue that book you started and never got to finish.
11) Workout! Get your dream body shape during the free time of yours, it’s now or never. Many fitness coaches are posting their workout programs online, like BeFit on Instagram.
12) Write in your diary. If you don’t have one, I think it’s about time you do – as what’s happening right now is a rare occurrence, so this will be an opportunity for you in the future to remember what is going on now.
Lastly, stay safe, stay home. We hope this pandemic crisis ends as soon as possible!